Symbol changes management
22 June 2021
Symbol or ticker changes can be handled as a corporate actions event or a static data update. In this article we are dealing with symbol changes automated management as a corporate actions market event.
A name change or a ticker change can be handled as a corporate actions event and occurs in various use-cases such as:
- company decides to change its name and the issued securities from an old name to a current name.
- mergers and acquisitions, old names are combined to a new one
Symbol change should be spread all along the investment, risk and data management workflow. Here are few examples of immediate consequent symbol updates:
- data collection robots
- watchlists and analytics dahsboards
- strategy building and simulation bots
- indices components if the symbol belongs to one or more indices
- risk models
It enables to track and retrieve corporate actions data through Ganymede, our web and cloud-based JupyterLab environment, and our API.
You may also enjoy :← Back to Blog